- Top: Elle, Kohl’s
- Jeans: Earl Jean, Stein Mart
- Shoes: Aerosoles, Ross
- Necklace: Judith, QVC
This polka dot tee is one of the new tops I mentioned I bought last week at Kohl’s.
Elle Polka dot ruffle tee
Kohl’s is one of those stores that I find I shop in spurts. I can go long stretches without finding anything I like, and then I’ll stop in one day and find several things I LOVE.
Even though I’m loving all the braided hairstyles I’m seeing lately, I pretty much never braid my own hair. I think it dates back to all my years working in restaurants and being required to wear my hair braided every day.
That, and I’m also afraid of looking like a sister wife.
Do you like the braided hairstyles that are so popular right now? And, are you able to braid your own hair?
Today I’m linked up to Visible Monday on Not Dead Yet Style.
- Dress: Land’s End
- Necklace, Bracelet: QVC
- Shoes: Franco Sarto
Lands’ End Short Sleeve Modal Wrap Dress
I ordered this Lands’ End dress a few weeks ago when Lands’ End was offering 40 percent off all orders. I actually ordered it in Ink Blue floral and Radish floral in the petite length, AND navy in the regular length for comparison. The red floral really is pretty, but I decided to keep the blue floral because I think it’ll end up being more versatile.
I also really like the green color pictured below.
Lands’ End Short Sleeve Modal Wrap Dress
I really love how the dress fits! Most wrap dresses I’ve owned need to be pinned and worn with a cami of some sort underneath because the v-neck created by the wrap is usually too deep for me, or the arm holes end up being too large and showing too much when I lift my arm. Not so with this dress. It seems pretty adjustable, so if I wanted the v-neck more open, it could be done.
AND, the wrap part of the skirt actually stays closed! No need for pinning, unless it happens to be a particularly windy day.
I may have gone a little overboard with the flowers today. In addition to the floral print of the dress, I also wore my silver floral necklace and bracelet.
Today was Donuts with Divas at my kids’ school. It probably used to be Muffins with Moms, but since all food items must now be store bought, I’m guessing donuts were cheaper.
The only problem is, I then had to try to explain the term ‘diva’ to my confused son.
And my bewildered mother.
Sonoma Chevron Camp Shirt
In honor of Awkward and Awesome Thursday, I give you this:
- Meeting my husband after work at Walmart only to discover we’re both wearing large amounts of the same shade of purple, and then getting to walk around the store together. (Man, I hope we didn’t wind up on People of Walmart, but I’m too afraid to check!)
- My husband saying he’s tired of his coworkers calling him Barney for wearing this awesome shirt I bought him. (What? Are we in junior high?!)
- Telling the neighbor kids they can come over to swim if they bring their own towels, because I’m not running a laundry service, only to discover the towels they brought AND a wet swimsuit on the floor in the bathroom the next day. So… I guess I am running a laundry service.
- My older son showing me that he is indeed sprouting armpit hairs. And proud of it.
- Overhearing a little boy at HomeGoods incessantly whining to his mother about how hungry he was and me instinctively fumbling for a granola bar or something in my diaper bag to give them. Which I can’t. Because I don’t carry a diaper bag. Because my youngest child is 9.
- Finding several new summery tops on sale at Kohl’s this week, AND having a 30% off coupon too!
- Getting a Stampin’ Up! order that contains the brand new catalog AND some sneak peak products I ordered! (Have I mentioned I’m a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator before?) No? Email me, I’ll send you a catalog.
- Entering DSW’s contest and receiving this tweet:
- Dress: Stein Mart
- Shoes: Nine West Flute
- Necklace: Target
- Belt: JCPenney
I hope you were able to spend this day remembering and honoring the special mothers in your life.
Most days, I feel like the luckiest woman in the world, because these two handsome boys call me ‘Mom’.
(Of course, school gets out for the summer in a few weeks, so ask me if I still feel that way THEN…)
BTW, this week I’m linked up to Not Dead Yet Style for Visible Monday.
- Dress: Target, Merona
- Cardigan: Stein Mart
- Shoes: Anne Klein, Overstock.com
- Necklace: Groop Dealz?
Today was a pretty great day, because my 12 year old son received the Priesthood. It’s a really important step in the lives of boys in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
You can read more about what that is HERE.
We’re really proud of him and the important decisions he’s been making.
We’re celebrating the 12th birthday of this little cutie today:
I realize I’m totally biased, but seriously, what a little doll, right?
Only today, he looks more like this:
And what a smart, handsome kid he’s turned out to be!
Happy Birthday, Zach!